The Music Mile Society brings you GOBSMACKED! – A weekend chockablock with pop-up surprises and live shows in the clubs, on the street, and where you least expect them! All along Music Mile, June 10-12.
- The popular Inglewood Night Market with 6 hours of live music,
- Garage Band Alley (yep, 6 bands in 6 garages),
- A Barn(less) Dance with Matt Masters in the Crown Surplus yard (with a beer tent),
- A rooftop drum circle,
- Streetcorner jams,
- Free drop-in music lessons on Spolumbo’s Patio and in Village Ice Cream’s parking lot,
- The Peace Walk for Truth & Reconciliation at Fort Calgary,
- Riverwalk Sessions, Voices in the Village, NMC’s Musical Pegboard, Band Wave, the Stampede’s Band of Outriders ALL in the East Village,
- The launch of Yo Momma (Youth Musicians of Music Mile Alliance),
- And of course, a great lineup of artists, including some wonderful young talent, in Music Mile’s famed clubs and eateries!
Music Mile has been growing as a music mecca for decades and is located on 9th Avenue SE (and blocks nearby) from The Blues Can in Inglewood to the new National Music Centre in East Village (opening July 1st).
Calgary’s original main street, Music Mile is a great destination for a day of walking, shopping, dining, and most of all, listening to live music, with over 20 live shows every weekend!
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
A list of artists performing on Music Mile during GOBSMACKED! weekend, images and interviews with artists and presenters can be found at musicmile.ca
We can’t wait to see you there!